Iran Nose Surgery
Iran nose surgery: the nose is one of the prominent facial features that in addition to being the pathway for air into the lungs, plays a significant cosmetic role. A finely shaped nose is in balance with the other facial features and is something that most people desire.
Rhinoplasty is the medical term for what most people know as a ‘nose job’. It is a surgical procedure to correct and reconstruct the nose either for aesthetic or functional reasons. The surgery can be done under general or local anesthesia. It is often done as an outpatient procedure, although sometimes an overnight stay in hospital is preferred.
How can Rhinoplasty change your nose?
It is critical to have realistic expectations regarding the outcome of Iran nose surgery. The results you can reasonably expect from the treatment mostly depend on the anatomy of your nose, your skin, and the experience and expertise of your surgeon. You and your surgeon must be on the same page regarding your goals.
Rhinoplasty can change:
- Nose size in relation to facial balance
- Nose width at the bridge or in the size and position of the nostrils
- Nasal tip if it is enlarged, round, over or under projecting or uneven
- Nose profile with visible humps or depressions on the bridge
- Nostrils that are large, flared, or upturned
- Nasal asymmetry
For those patients who have breathing problems, it is important that your surgeon assess possible allergic and internal nasal anatomy pathology so this can be addressed at the time of your rhinoplasty. The ultimate goal is for a well-shaped nose that fits your face but also allows you to breathe naturally.
How to Prepare Yourself for Rhinoplasty
For many people who desire rhinoplasty, the hesitancy to commit to surgery often has more to do with not knowing what to expect rather than a fear of the surgery. Knowing how to find a reputable surgeon, knowing what questions to ask and learning about the procedures will help you make the right personal choice.
Finding a Reputable Surgeon
One of the best ways to find a rhinoplasty surgeon is to ask your family, friends, and other healthcare providers for recommendations.
Another way to find a surgeon with experience in this field is to browse through reputable physician review websites that review doctors on things like the ability to explain things in a way that the patient understands, positive surgical outcomes, waiting room time, a compassionate bedside manner, friendliness of the staff, etc.
Take time to research the surgeons’ credentials and experience. Look for a surgeon who is board certified in plastic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, or ear, nose and throat surgery (otolaryngology). Board-certified surgeons are the ones who have received additional training in that particular field.
Once you have narrowed down your list of potential surgeons, it is time to schedule a consultation. Don’t hesitate to ask all your questions during the consultation. Don’t feel that your concerns are frivolous; some people are most concerned about the downtime after surgery, while others are concerned about the post-op pain during the recovery process. Other patients are just as concerned about how long it will be before they can appear in public without someone realizing they just had rhinoplasty, and others are simply concerned about the rhinoplasty cost. Once you have discussed all your concerns with an understanding physician, you will be able to commit to the surgery with complete confidence in your surgeon.
Questions to Ask your Prospective Surgeon
- Where were you educated, trained, licensed, and board certified?
- How long have you been practising?
- How many rhinoplasty procedures have you performed in the past?
- What are your policies on revisions?
- Do you have to complete a lot of revisions?
- What are the complications and risks associated with rhinoplasty?
- Am I a strong candidate for rhinoplasty? If not, what are the factors that make me unsuitable for the procedure?
- What is the difference between open and closed rhinoplasty?
- What are your preferred surgical techniques?
- Where is the surgery performed? In a hospital or private clinic?
- What anaesthetic procedures are used?
- If in a clinic, what emergency protocols are in place in case of complications?
- What results can I expect and what is the timeframe of result?
- What is the expected healing time?
- Must I follow a special diet pre-operatively and/or post-operatively?
- What post-operative information do I need to know in terms of work, exercise, and personal care?
- I take (diet pills, birth control, antidepressants, etc.). Will they react adversely from the anaesthesia or prescribed medications?
- What is the total cost of the surgery?
- Are there any hidden charges, such as those for lab work, additional medications, or post-operative check-ups?
Open rhinoplasty and closed rhinoplasty are the two main approaches of reshaping a nose.
In an open rhinoplasty the surgeon makes a small external incision outside the nose at the base of the columella (the soft bridge separating the nostrils). The surgeon then gently raises the skin of the nose, allowing access to the bone and cartilage for the operation.
Open rhinoplasty advantages
Open rhinoplasty has some advantages over the closed approach, which are as follows.
- The surgeon has better access to what he is going to change and thus able to operate on the nose more delicately.
- In open rhinoplasty, the stabilization of the nose after surgery is easier than closed rhinoplasty.
- Your chance to find a good surgeon for open rhinoplasty is greater because most surgeons practice open rhinoplasty.
Open rhinoplasty disadvantages
The main drawbacks of open rhinoplasty are as follows:
- A small scar might be visible on the columella, though only when you tilt your head back.
- Open rhinoplasty takes longer time to be completed than an open rhinoplasty.
- Open rhinoplasty is more invasive than closed rhinoplasty, so the recovery time will be a little longer.
Closed rhinoplasty was the first method of nose surgery that was performed, which is still being widely used by many surgeons. In this procedure, small incisions are made inside the nostrils and the surgeon makes alterations to the nose through the nostrils without lifting back the skin.
Closed rhinoplasty advantages
- A closed rhinoplasty procedure takes a shorter time to be completed than an open rhinoplasty.
- Closed rhinoplasty is less invasive and leaves less swelling and no scarring after surgery, so there will be a shorter recovery time.
Closed rhinoplasty disadvantages
- The surgeon can make limited changes, with less delicacy because there is limited visibility of the tissues and cartilage.
- Closed rhinoplasty is not much suitable for people who has complicated nasal structure and want to get a lot of changes in the soft tissues of their nose.
- There are fewer surgeons who are skillful at closed rhinoplasty compared to open rhinoplasty.
The best time to go through nose surgery
If you are planning to have a nose job, you must consider what period of time in your life would be best for the procedure to take place, or when you definitely shouldn’t do it.
life changing events or Stress
If you have big life changes going on, or you’re going through a period of emotional stress, it’s probably better to not make such an important change as a nose surgery. Because these external influences might make you regret your decision afterwards. For example, if you are in poor health or going through family issues or relationship changes, this is not the best time for a nose surgery. When you are in calm and balanced state of mind you can have the surgery.
Season doesn’t matter
Many people who want to get a nose job are not sure about the timing of the surgery and they don’t know which season is most suitable for their operation.
Nose surgery could take place at any time during the year, whether it’s winter or summer. The cold weather of fall and winter would not have a negative post-operative effect on nose surgery and hinder the success of surgery. So patients’ nose after surgery will be safe in any condition of cold weather.
Temperature of the first days of spring is still cool and rhinoplasty can be done in this season. Summer can be a suitable season for a nose surgery too. Heat of the summer does not create any problem except for maybe a little more swelling. And you better not expose your nose too much to sunlight for a few weeks after the surgery.
In short, cold or hot weather doesn’t have bad effect on the shape of nose after surgery. So, patients should not be worried about the season of their surgery.
*Something that could affect the recovery period after undergoing nose surgery is whether or not you suffer from allergies or reactions to seasonal changes. More often than not, this is not a big issue – but if you for example are really sensitive to spring or summer pollen you might want to wait until another time of the year.
Successful nose surgery in Iran
Because of the fact that Iran is a four-season country, it can be a perfect country for nose surgery. It means that different regions in Iran have different climates during the year. Most major cities of Iran which provide rhinoplasty services have mild climate during most of the year with not extremely cold nor extremely hot weather.